Oxford Essential Dictionary 2nd Edition
A new edition of the corpus-based dictionary that builds essential vocabulary
Oxford Essential Dictionary gives all the essential help and information elementary and pre-intermediate learners need.
Updated with 200 NEW words, it includes over 24,000 words, phrases, and meanings. 2,000 of the most important words in English are marked as keywords, so students know which words to learn first. Notes give extra help with grammar, pronunciation, and spelling.
CEFR A1 – A2
SUGGESTED AGE RANGE
8 to 12 years
Why choose Oxford Essential Dictionary 2nd Edition?
- 200 new words to reflect today's English, for example upload, interactive whiteboard, and LOL.
- Over 24,000 words, phrases and meanings include the equivalent word in American English (cash machine/ATM, aubergine/eggplant, pavement/sidewalk).
- 2,000 most important words to know, marked with a key symbol, are taken from the Oxford 3000™. They are listed in the back of the dictionary to use as a revision checklist or as a basis for a vocabulary syllabus.
- The 500 blue note boxes help students with culture, grammar, pronunciation, speaking, spelling, and word building. Which Word? notes help with easily confused words and common errors (e.g. accept/except, among/between).
- 16-page colour Picture Dictionary, organized in useful lexical sets such as food and drink, animals, transport.
- 16-page Study section gives extra help on topics such as letter writing and talking about dates and numbers, with practice for international exams such as Cambridge English Key, Starters, Movers, and Flyers.
¿Necesitas más información?
Nos encantaría ayudarte a encontrar la mejor opción para tus clases