Oxford Word Skills 2nd Edition
Learn to use the most important words and phrases in English topic by topic
A three-level topic-based vocabulary course, with a highly practical approach, to learn and practise the vocabulary needed in order to communicate on a topic or in a situation.
This new edition offers comprehensive coverage of the words that students need to know at each CEFR level, based on the new Oxford 3000™ and 5000™, and supported by the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary 10th Ed. app.
The series can be used for independent study or in the classroom alongside a general coursebook.
Ruth Gairns, Stuart Redman
Why choose Oxford Word Skills 2nd Edition?
- Consistent focus on the most useful words and phrases at each CEFR level‐based on newly compiled Oxford 3000™ and 5000™.
- Contextualised practice in the book provides broader understanding. Each unit introduces and practises, in context, the words, phrases, and lexical grammar for talking about a clearly-defined topic or functional situation.
- Units are simple and clear. Each one sets a clear ‘I can …’ learning goal so students can see exactly what they will be able to do and why.
- Bundled with the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary app, designed for learners to use with the pronunciation exercises in the books, and look up unfamiliar words.
- Ideal for both the classroom and self-study. Most units can be used in any order and each topic is sufficiently short for students to complete in one session. The ‘About you’ section is perfect for homework and for discussion in class.
Go even further
Includes 1 year’s access to the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary app.
- Access the full A-Z offline to look up any word in the dictionary, anytime, anywhere.
- Provides audio pronunciation for exercises in the books.
- Aids broader vocabulary comprehension, looking up any of the new words/phrases (e.g. grammar, more examples, notes on usage, CEFR level).
- Practise pronunciation, recording and comparing your voice.