Work with us
We are committed to supporting diversity in our workforce, and ensuring an inclusive environment where all individuals can thrive.
We are looking for a Professional Development Consultant in our office in Madrid, who will be responsible for creating, curating, and delivering standard and bespoke PD propositions for adoptions, key account opportunities and core marketing channels for self-access and live delivery to acquire, service and retain adoptions.
Leading on and contributing to identified key projects to move professional development forward in the provision of a comprehensive and competitive professional development service as efficiently and effectively as possible.
This is a temporary position to cover a paternity leave (6 months).
Start date: November 2023.
- Contribute to the assessment of institutional, teacher and business needs to inform the development of PD plans at a local, regional and key account level, in order to maximise stakeholder satisfaction and meet OUP’s quality and efficiency standards.
- Lead on or contribute to identified key projects to support the development of a full and comprehensive PD offer locally, regionally, and globally.
- Manage internal and external resources as needed to fulfil projects. This is likely to primarily consist of briefing, supporting and quality controlling freelancers.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to support the planning and delivery of major Regional and Local Marketing Events with a particular focus on event ‘shape’ and speaker selection, briefing and support.
- Create and deliver standard and bespoke content to fulfil global, regional, and key account needs. Addressing both pre-adoption and post-adoption touch points. Ensuring highest quality, message alignment and resource efficiencies. To include, but not limited to, the following content types: Presentation Bank, PD Modules, Standardised local/regional service for regular accounts, bespoke to service Key Accounts
- Stay up to date with current teaching/educational trends, changes, needs, industry developments and competitor activity.
- Share teaching knowledge, tips, ideas and concepts with customers, utilising a variety of available channels to do so as part of a Global Campaign or ongoing Social and Community activity. For example: blog posts, Facebook live tips, lesson ideas and plans for newsletters, social media content etc.
- Contribute to the ongoing development and improvement of systems and processes utilised by the Global Professional Development Team.
- Take active part in team, department, project meetings and internal communications as necessary. Reporting on progress, blockers and next steps with regular accountabilities and special projects.
The successful candidate will need to possess the following skills:
- Team player, collaborative, pro-active, problem solver, agile/flexible.
- Extensive knowledge of English Language teaching and learning, including market-specific and/or regional experience
- Understanding of training best practice, techniques, and approaches in synchronous delivery (face-to-face and online).
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management, and organisational skills; will often need to work quite independently.
- Ability to analyse market and customer knowledge, feedback and research in order to better understand and meet customer needs.
- Up-to-date knowledge of current teaching/educational trends.
- An industry recognized teaching qualification.
- Teaching/classroom experience
- Training experience
- Level of English: C1/C2
- Level of Spanish: C1
We are committed to supporting diversity in our workforce and ensuring an inclusive environment where all individuals can thrive. We seek to employ a workforce representative of the markets that we serve and encourage applications from all.