Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary 10th Edition
The world’s bestselling advanced-level dictionary for learners of English
Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary 10th Edition builds English vocabulary better than ever before and leads the way to more confident, successful communication in English.
Take your English skills to the next level with additional resources and practice, including iSpeaker and iWriter online, or practice words anytime, anywhere with the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary app. The print dictionary includes 1 year’s access to both Premium website and app.
This new edition is your complete guide to learning English vocabulary with definitions that learners of English can understand, example sentences that show the language in use, and the new Oxford 3000™ and Oxford 5000™ word lists that provide basic vocabulary that every student needs to learn.
Diana Lea, Jennifer Bradbery
CEFR B2 – C2
SUGGESTED AGE RANGE
Why choose Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary 10th Edition?
- Over 60,000 words, 79,000 phrases, 89,000 meanings and 109,000 examples.
- 1000+ NEW words and meanings (chatbot, fake news, microplastic, woke).
- The A-Z text is fully up-to-date eg. the example sentence 'All new cars take unleaded petrol.' has been changed to 'The buses have been adapted to take biofuel.'
- NEW Oxford 3000™ and Oxford 5000™ keywords – graded by CEFR level.
- NEW OPAL™ (Oxford Phrasal Academic Lexicon) word list teaches academic keywords.
- NEW Topic dictionaries online fully revised and now graded by level.
- Visual Vocabulary Builder with NEW illustrations for topic vocabulary.
- 90 NEW short homophones notes help distinguish words that sound the same.
- Oxford Speaking Tutor and iSpeaker with pronunciation videos and additional material online prepare you for exams and presentations.
- Oxford Writing Tutor and iWriter help you plan, write and review your written work.
- Writing Tutor including a NEW section on letters and emails and a NEW spread on Writing an article prepares for exams (Cambridge, IELTS, TOEIC, TOEFL) and written assignments.
- UPDATED Oxford Text Checker – go online to check any text against the Oxford 3000™, 5000™, and OPAL™ written word lists, and create your own gap-fill activities and word lists to use in class.
- Teaching resources including 50 NEW vocabulary worksheets and NEW and revised lesson plans available online.
- The print dictionary includes 1 year’s access to both Premium website and app.
Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary 10th Edition at a glance
Discover more about the dictionary in this handy brochure